Why should YOU join UPPAA?
Below you’ll find a list of membership benefits, but most members would agree that the support, wisdom, fellowship, and friendships formed are the most beneficial perks of joining this friendly organization. In addition, as a member, you’ll also receive access to the following:
- Annual UPPAA Spring Conference in Marquette with keynotes by breakout authors and publishing industry experts (attendance is FREE! for members)
- Access to exclusive UPPAA workshops
- Network and enjoy fun and fellowship (and good food!) with other UPPAA authors at our annual Fall Picnic
- Receive our information-packed quarterly newsletter The Written Word
- Submit your author news (about your personal experiences writing, publishing, marketing, selling your books) to The Written Word to be shared with membership and on our blog
- Enjoy substantial discounts on membership in national publisher associations (PMA and SPAN)
- Learn from other members via our members-only email forum discussion groups*
- List your books in the UPPAA.org online catalog (membership required)
- Submit original short pieces to the U.P. Reader (membership required)
- Use our online resources:
- Upcoming events information
- Promotion of member books and events on UPPAA social media
- Publishing/writing resources
- Recommended publishing/writing/marketing books
- Calendar of upcoming book shows, events, and awards
- Past-event photo archives
- Newsletter archives
- Exchange website links with other UPPAA members
- Display books at at UPPAA meetings and other U. P. book events
- Learn self-publishing do’s and don’ts and share lessons learned
Everyone is welcome to join the UPPAA! There are no residency requirements. If you have a love for the U.P. or U.P. literature, you are cordially invited to be with us. We have members currently in California, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan (Upper and Lower Peninsula), Minnesota, North Carolina, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin.
*Currently, the UPPAA members-only electronic discussion form is managed by Groups.IO. All members are highly encouraged to sign up for this low-volume, high-value mailing list where we share marketing, editing, writing, and publishing tips and tricks freely. Typical volume is less than 50 messages per month and many of our members feel like this is one of the best and most supportive aspects, especially since many of us are spread across a geographic region of more than a thousand square miles.