The U.P. Regional Library Conference (UPRLC) is a once-a-year gathering of librarians from the 45 member libraries from Northern Michigan and Upper Michigan. From Traverse City to Copper Harbor, and from Alpena to Ironwood, each library sends 1 or 2 librarians and about 85 librarians total will be in attendance.
Over the years UPPAA has worked hard to build our alliance with UPRLC and this year our authors at UPPAA have been offered the opportunity to contribute giveaway books to be distributed to the librarians in attendance. What’s in it for you?
- A fair chance for librarians to evaluate your books for shelving and acquisition to their collections.
You save the headache of trying to chase down the correct librarian’s name address from dozens of libraries
- You save the costs of shipping 10 to 20 of your books individually, which would cost you $50 to $100 easily by Media Mail, plus the costs of individual mailers
How does it work?
- Each librarian will receive a bag of randomly selected books from UPPAA authors when they check in at the registration desk at LSSU conference center.
- Each bag will contain 2 to 3 books, depending on the level of UPPAA author participation. Maybe more!
- Librarians are free to trade or compare books with each other!
What do you have to do to participate?
- Contribute at least 10 books that you have written or published to the giveaway. We recommend about 20 books, but you can enter with as few as 10 copies
- The books can be mix-and-match, they do NOT all have to be the same title, edition, or binding.
- Pay a nominal $20 participation fee which goes towards purchasing high quality UPPAA canvas totes which will carry the books
How do I participate?
- Hurry, you must order up your participation at the UPPAA site by August 31st 2023 to join the program
Click the “BUY NOW” button below and check out to complete your participation
- Box up 10 to 20 of your books (any year, any edition, any binding) and send them via US Mail using the MediaMail service (estimated cost: $10) to
UPRLC Event c/o
2727 E 7 MILE RD
SAULT SAINTE MARIE MI 49783-9003
- You must mail your books by August 31st 2013. If you mail after that date, UPPAA will not be responsible for them.
- You must be a UPPAA member in good standing (your membership is paid up for this year)
What if I have questions?
- Please contact email@example.com for all questions and concerns
Alternately, you can mail a Check or Money-Order for $20 payable to UPPAA to our Membership Secretary. Please write “UPRLC” in the memo section.
140 Youngs Road
Gwinn, MI 49841