Dear UPPAA Member,
I would like to take this opportunity to remind you what an exciting debut issue of U.P. Reader we had as well as remind you of two very important details:
- Submission deadline is December 21st, 2017. Please send us your original unpublished fiction, poems, personal anecdotes, and essays. All subjects and genres are welcome! Full details here.
- We have expanded the submission length to allow up to 5,000 words stories (double last year’s size).
Since this is the time of year to review, so let’s look at some of our key accomplishments:
- The Library of Michigan personally wrote to invite U.P. Reader to apply for the “Michigan Notable Books” list. We responded with a dozen hardcover editions!
- In recognition of sales, the publisher donated a dozen copies to the Superiorland Library Cooperative, ensuring libraries across the U.P. got to experience our work.
- Stories by Larry Buege and Frank Farwell were nominated for the prestigious 42nd Annual Pushcart Prize, which salutes independent presses across America. Finalists to be announced in March 2018.
UPPAA Members are invited to feature their books and businesses in the advertising section for the special rate of only $25 for a ¼ page business listing.
Last, but not least, we invite you to be present as we launch U.P. Reader Volume 2 at the UPPAA Spring Conference at the Peter White Library in Marquette.
For all concerns, please write to editor@UPReader.org.