Most of you in Upper Michigan have heard that author Ron Riekki is working upon getting his book “U.P.: a novel” made into a major motion picture. As part of his promotion, and as part of his efforts to promote the literature of Upper Michigan, he has arranged a U.P.-wide, month long author book tour including numerous authors, many residents of U.P., others who write about the area. And the authors aren’t only coming to the “major” U.P. cities but communities all over Upper Michigan, including Whitefish Township, Marquette, Menominee, St. Ignace, Mackinac Island, Gwinn, Negaunee, Hancock, and many more.
Authors include Steve Hamilton, Beverly Matherne, Darrin Doyle, Lisa Cerasoli Weaver, Matthew Gavin Frank, Martin Achatz, Jonathan Johnson, Gretchen Preston, Tom Bissell and many, many more.
The tour kicks off tomorrow at Peter White Public Library in Marquette at 7pm.
Tyler Tichelaar will be participating in several of the events, including:
- Thursday, June 23rd. 7pm. Author Panel Discussion. Peter White Public Library, Marquette, Michigan. I’m not part of this panel but author Lisa Cerasoli and other authors will talk about their favorite U.P. Books. Lisa has chosen Tyler’s book The Only Thing That Lasts as her favorite!
- Thursday, June 30th. 7pm. Author Panel Discussion. Peter White Public Library, Marquette, Michigan.
- Saturday, July 2nd, 1-2:30pm. Book signing. Snowbound Books. Marquette, Michigan.
- Wednesday, July 13th. 7pm. Tyler Tichelaar will be the host for the Author Panel Discussion. Peter White Public Library, Marquette, Michigan.
- Thursday, July 14th. 2pm. Author Panel. Gwinn Public Library, Gwinn, Michigan.
You can view the Entire U.P. Author Book Tour Schedule at Ron Riekki’s website
I hope you’ll join me in celebrating Upper Michigan literature this summer.