- Submit new poems of any length up to 12 pages. Reprints may be considered with proper credits noted, but new work is preferred.
- The submission should be in an MS Word-compatible file (.rtf, .doc, or .docx). No PDFs, please.
- In two to three sentences, please summarize your relationship to the U.P., including when and where you lived.
- In some discernible way, your poems should primarily focus on the experience of being a Yooper, whether in the past or currently. A goal of the anthology is to look beyond the well-recognized natural beauty of the U.P. and include the experience of rural and town life.
- Members of marginalized communities are *highly encouraged* to share work about their own Yooper experiences!
- Include a bio of up to 100 words, mentioning something about growing up Yooper and/or living currently in the U.P.
- Deadline is December 31, 2023. Additional consideration will be given to poems that arrive prior to the deadline. Early submitters will receive notice well in advance of the deadline.
- Accepted poets will receive two contributor’s copies in paperback with the option to purchase unlimited copies at half-off suggested retail price. A pro forma contributor’s agreement must be completed by all accepted poets.
- Accepted works will be made available in paperback, hardcover, eBook and audiobook editions worldwide. The publisher will provide copies to the U.P. library system, as well.
Submissions and questions should be addressed directly to the collection’s editor, Raymond Luczak, at firstname.lastname@example.org.