If you have basic skills in HTML and managing menus, posts, and pages on a WordPress site, you may be just the person the UPPAA is looking for! Starting on June 1st, 2019 we’ll need a new Webmaster for UPPAA.org and all related social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Managing the website encompasses several related activities:
- New book announcements for members
- Maintaining the online catalog of books (organized by BISAC group)
- Updating the conference registration and membership renewal pages
- Posting information about inperson upcoming author events
- Posting about various arts & culture events around the U.P.
- Archiving copies of our newsletter (“The Written Word”) and other resources
- Making sure information put on the UPPAA website is propagated to all the social media channels
- Ongoing investigation into how we might improve our Google rank (Search Engine Optimization)
- The Webmaster serves at the pleasure of the UPPAA President and is a voting member on the UPPAA Board.
Interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of their experience and a small portfolio of websites they have worked on and social media feeds.